Athlete of the Month
1. What is your occupation?
I am an Automotive Technician at Pohanka Nissan.
2. Describe your fitness background.
Before CrossFit, I mostly ran for exercise.
3. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
My hobbies outside of work and CrossFit include video games.
4. What superpower would you choose to have?
I would choose Teleportation. I hate driving.
5. Describe your favorite “cheat” meal.
My go to “cheat” meal would be a large pizza or all of the Mexican food.
6. When and Why did you start CrossFit?
I started CrossFit in 2016 to improve my overall health and to lose weight.
7. What was your first CrossFit workout?
I don’t remember my first workout specifically, but it involved thrusters and I died a little.
8. What goals has CrossFit 12 Gauge helped you achieve?
CrossFit 12 Gauge has helped me stay fit, get stronger, and maintain a healthy body weight.
9. What is your favorite movement(s) and why?
I don’t really have a favorite movement. I enjoy making progress and getting better and everything CrossFit throws at me.
10. What is your most memorable CrossFit moment?
My most memorable CrossFit moment was my first competition at the Festivus Games in Ashland. It was the first competition I did with the gym.
11. What is your proudest accomplishment since starting CrossFit?
My proudest accomplishment since starting CrossFit is seeing improvements in lifts, strength, and endurance.
12. What have you learned about yourself since starting CrossFit?
Since starting CrossFit, I’ve learned that I am capable of more than I thought I was.